Three and Flee: Dating By the Numbers

Should I stay or should I go? The Grasshopper is channeling some classic The Clash tonight.

I'm a runner by nature. No. Not with like real running shoes, sweat and stuff. I'm saying that I'm the type that could hang with the Runaway Bride and share some pee-your-pants funny stories. I'm not really proud of that. But, one thing this Grasshopper is: honest. And, it must be said that those who know me well will tell you that with the right person, I can be extremely patient...waiting even years to decide that it's time for me to move on.

But, listening to The Clash today reminded of some of your recent questions about the Grasshopper's Three and Flee theory. "What is that," some asked when I referenced it in a recent post. Others chuckled since they already knew.

Sometimes you feel like you're just marking time hanging on the love line. So, here's a rundown of the Grasshopper's Dating By the Numbers. Depending upon the situation, these are either "months" or "dates."

One....and we've just begun. Or, One...and we're done.

Two...and I'm deciding what I want to do. Or, Two...and we're through.


Three...and Flee. Or, Three...and maybe this was meant to be.

Four...and You might score. Or, Four...and don't let your ass get hit with the door.

Five...and Man I fee so alive! Or, Five...you're lucky I'm letting you  leave here alive.

Six...and you're my favorite fix. Or, Six...you make me sick.

Seven...and This is beginning to feel more and more like a match made in Heaven. Or, Seven...you're so stupid you couldn't even stock the shelves of a 7-11.

Eight...and...Hold on. Maybe we need to wait?

Nine...and...I'm really trying to see what might be farther down the line.

"Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So you gotta let me know.
Should I stay or should I go?"

....Split!

No comments:

Post a Comment